RENTAL AGREEMENT CONDITION
1. At least one members of the crew must possess sufficient competence in sailing , seamanship and navigation in order to steer and take care of
the chartered boat.
USE OF THE BOAT
1. The boat may only be used by the Hirer or on his responsibility. The Hirer is responsible for the boat during the whole charter period.
2. The Hirer is not allowed to use the boat for racing without a special agreement.
3. The Hirer is not allowed to use the boat for towing ( except for towing of a dinghy or emergency cases) or for transportation of goods or
persons againts payment.
4. It is not allowed to used the boat outside the Finnish territorial waters without the Agents special consent. At the Agents request , the Hirer
has to supply information on itinerary and schedule.
1. The Hirer agrees to handle the boat and its equipments well , with proper care shown towards a third party’s property. The Hirer agrees to
redeliver the boat to the Agent by the end of charter period , cleansed and otherwise in the same condition as it was at take -over. An eventual
fee of 80 € for cleansing will be charged upon redelivery. The Hirer agrees to compensate the Agent for losses or damages caused by himself
or by a person for whom he is responsible in accordance with Clause”use of the boat”above.
No animals are allowed on board without a special agreement. Extra charge 100 € cleaning.
Smoking are not allowed on board.
1.You can see terms of payment front side of rental agreement.
2. The Hirer must pay a security deposit covering i.a. the self risk share of the boat insurance unless stated otherwise. Upon delivery of the boat ,
the deposit is to be paid to the person delivering the boat. Upon redelivery , the deposit will be refunded in full unless the sum has to be used to cover
the Hirer’s liabilities in accordance with this agreement. If the amount of compensation is unclear , an eventual surplus must be refunded when defined.
DELIVERY AND REDELIVERY OF THE BOAT
1. The Hirer and the Agent inspect the boat together at the beginning and at the end of the charter period according to the inventory list. The
defects noticed are entered in the list.
2. The Agent is to deliver the boat to the Hirer at the time and place designated. If the Agent has not been able to deliver the boat – under normal
weather weather conditions- within 24 hours from the commencement of the agreed time , the Hirer is entitled to a compensation for the lost charter
time. If the delivery of the boat is over 24 hours late , the Hirer has to right to terminate the contract in which case all the payments will be refunded to
the Hirer. When applying this clause , weather and other force majeure conditions shall be considered.
3. The Agent has no obligation to other compensations.
4. Upon expiry of the charter , the boat must be redelivered to the Agent at the agreed place. At the moment of redelivery , the responsibility for the
boat is assigned to the Agent.
5. If the boat is redelivered to the agreed place before the end of the charter period , the responsibility is not assigned to the Agent until he has taken over
the boat. In this case the Hirer is not entitled to a compensation.
6. If the boat is redelivered to the agreed place within 3 hours after the agreed time , the Hirer is to pay as compensation 30 % of the daily charter
rate for the boat. If the boat is redelivered over 3 hours later than agreed , the daily charter rate for the boat will be payable. If the boat is redelivered over
24 hours late , the Hirer has to compensate for all the expenses caused by the delay , e.g. the cancellation of following charter period. If the boat is
redelivered to an other place than the one agreed , the boat should be turned over to the Agent as soon as possible. The Hirer agrees to compensate
the Agent for the coast of transporting the boat to the agreed place.
1. The boat as well as its equipment are insured on behalf of the Agent. The Hirer agrees to inform the Agent about any loss or damages as soon as
possible and to resort to all possible measures to limit the damage. The insurance does not cover the Hirer’s personal property.
DAMAGES AND REPAIR
1. The Hirer is responsible for the complete operating condition of of the boat during the charter period. In the event of a possible damage or other
occurance needing prompt repair , the Hirer shall contact the Agent. If the Hirer causes damage to the boat disabling it for use till the end of
the agreed charter time , the Agent is entitled to hole of the charter rate for remaining charter period. If- for reasons independent of the Hirer- the
boat is not in operating condition during the charter period and has to be repaired , the Hirer is entitled to compensation for the repair work over
6 hours he has had performed. However , if the estimated repair costs exceed 50€ the Hirer must contact the Agent before the repair work is
CANCELLATION OF THE AGREEMENT
1. The present agreement must be terminated in writing. Should the Hirer cancel this agreement over 180 days prior to the beginning of the charter period ,
all payments effected by the Hirer shall be refunded except 120 € to cancellation costs. Should the cancellation the place less 180 days but over 90 days
before the chartering period , the Agent is entitled to charge the 25 % of whole charter fee. Should the agreement
be cancelled less than 90 days but over 30 days prior to beginning of the charter , the Agent is entitled to charge 50% of the whole charter fee. If the
cancellation take place less than 30 days before the chartering period , the Agent is entitled to collect the whole charter fee.
If Agent get new customer to cancelled period, all payment effected by the Hirer shall be refunded except 150 € to cancellation cost and
the difference charter fees.
2. If the Hirer wants to terminate the contract due to an acute illness on the Hirer himself or on his wife or children , the following is valid ;
the Hirer himself is in this case obliged to make the insurance in advance , which is cover the payments of charter.
3. If there are reasons to suspect that the Hirer intends to make himself guilty of clear misuse of the property entrusted to him , as e.g. selling
or pawning the boat or taking it or part of it abroad, the Agent is entitled to take over the boat. The agreements is then immediately regarded terminated.
1. SAIMAAN VUOKRAVENHO OY acts as the representative for the Owner of the boat in questions concerning chartering only. All disputes
arising with respect to this agreement are a matter between Owner of the boat and the Hirer , and thus the disputes are to be settled between
them , or in the last resort by the Magistrate’s Court.